CUTTING & SLITTING
Testfabrics, Inc. provides many labor saving service functions to its clientele such as cutting, slitting and sample preparation of test specimens etc.
All fabrics, subject to a minimum quantity, can be cut to customer's specifications. Cutting charges are in addition to the cost of the fabric.
NO CLAIMS ARE ACCEPTED AFTER FABRICS HAVE BEEN CUT TO ORDER
A. Cutting into Ribbons:
(1) Circular Blade Slitter – Fabric rolls can be cold cut to a minimum width of 1/2 inches.
(2) Hot Knife Fusing Machine - Many synthetic fiber fabrics and some polyester/cotton blends can be cut with fused edges, to reduce and/or prevent fraying.
B. Cutting into Swatches:
Die cutting and hand cutting is available.
(1) Straight Edges - After cutting edges can be sewn with an overcast stitch to prevent fraying.
(2) Pinked Edges - Edges are “pinked” (^^^^^^^^) to reduce fraying of woven test materials.
(3) Synthetic fiber fabrics can be cut with two fused edges and two cold cut edges or with four fused edges provided the swatch is no larger than 4” x 6”.
(4) Fabrics can be cut and balanced into five or ten gram pieces with an adjusted tolerance as specified.
Click here to view list of available Dies for Cutting. Custom dies are made to order.
C. Custom cutting of your material into specific size Swatches or Ribbons.
For custom cutting, roll slitting, fabric re-rolling of your material and other services please contact us.